Jerry W. Danni is the newest member of our corporate senior management team, joining PSI in 2018, to lead our environmental and sustainability practice. He brings with him over 35 years of natural resources experience, with extensive global expertise in sustainability, particularly in the areas of the environment, corporate social responsibility (CSR), health and safety, and security. His experience has included:
Jerry W. Danni
Senior Vice President, Sustainability
- Leading due diligence evaluations for prospective mergers and acquisitions, with a focus on environmental, CSR, health and safety, and security, including projects in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ghana, Greece, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Mexico, the United States, and Zambia.
- Securing regulatory authorizations in challenging governmental jurisdictions, including in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Peru and the United States (Alaska, California, Montana, Washington State).
- Designing and executing “fit for purpose” integrated management systems for environmental, CSR, health and safety, and security at the corporate level and at mining operations throughout North America, and Central and South America.
- Developing and implementing CSR programs, including standards, tools, and social management plans, particularly in Argentina, Canada (Quebec), Chile, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Peru, and Zimbabwe.
- Guiding implementation of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights, including gap analysis, site assessments, training, and execution at the corporate and site levels, including in Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico.
- Leading the development and execution of mine closure plans, integrated with social closure planning, including in Argentina, Chile, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico (first large-scale mine closure).
Prior to joining PSI, Jerry Danni was the Senior Vice President, Sustainability, for Goldcorp, Inc. While at Goldcorp, he was responsible for directing Goldcorp’s sustainability functions, which included environment, corporate social responsibility, security, and the execution of Goldcorp’s Sustainability Excellence Management System. He was also responsible for directing mine reclamation and closure for Goldcorp, and led a team that completed the first large-scale mine closure in Mexico. Prior to joining Goldcorp, Danni held an executive management position at Golden Minerals Company, where he was instrumental in permitting and development of the San Cristobal mine in Bolivia. Danni previously served as Senior Vice President, Environment, Health and Safety with Kinross Gold Corporation, and as Vice President Environmental Affairs with Cyprus Amax.
He has had the distinction of serving on the International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM), Environment and Climate Change Policy Committee, and was a past Director of the US National Mining Association. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Western Colorado University.