Gabriel Ruiz joined PS International in 2013 and heads our Mexico City office, where he also leads the intelligence and security practice. He brings with him 20 years of experience in Mexico and throughout Latin America in identifying stakeholders, gathering and analyzing information to assess risk faced by companies in the mining, hydrocarbons, communications, and pharmaceutical sectors. His analysis has been used as part of mergers and acquisitions due diligence, and to assist companies in effective corporate decision-making and communication strategies, and in designing social responsibility plans with communities and stakeholders. Since joining our firm, he has led or participated in the following projects:
Vice President, Mexico City Office
- Business intelligence services
- Vetting prospective joint-venture partners and employees;
- Providing clients with intelligence to effectively manage social conflicts;
- Conducting investigations of supply chains;
- Ensuring corporate ethics compliance.
- Due diligence projects for merger and acquisitions or private equity financing in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Mexico;
- Operational risk assessments in the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, and Mexico;
- Social license strategies to conduct mining operations (stakeholder mapping, managing social conflicts, and developing CSR programs);
- Assessment of the regulatory framework for counterfeit medication in Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, and Peru;
- Policy formulation and communication strategy for governments and private corporations.
Ruiz has an MA in political communication and governance from George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management (GSPM) in Washington, DC, and a BA in international relations from Mexico’s National Autonomous University (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM).